Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fashion Friday: Maxi Dresses

**I know when I post this it's Thursday...but, I'm rolling to GA in the AM...so here it is a day early!**

As noted in a previous post - I'm all up on the Fashion Friday bandwagon. I have long admired the look of the well-worn maxi dress...though I'm sure we can all agree it is a less than flattering name. I didn't think I could wear them - but I got daring and tried...and I love!

So, to go with my new obsession - here are a few ones that I could picture myself wearing at various occasions. These are all from Chick Downtown some of which is affordable - most of which I try and find a version of at Marshall's or TJMaxx!
Maybe this one for a summer BBQ...
Brunch with the girls...
An afternoon outdoor wedding...this would definitely need some chunky purple jewelry.
Just running errands...and maybe use the same purple jewelry from above!
Fancier wedding...maybe with fun gold T-straps?

That's it for me...have a great weekend...hopefully fun pics to come from my friend's bachelorette weekend!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm loving it so far! This will be so great to keep up. I'm also adding you as a link to my blog, hope that's ok. I love these dresses but I'm pretty sure it's a look my body is not ready for. *Maybe* after this little boy I will be able to get back into some decent kind of shape. You on the other hand look fabulous and have definitely made it to 'Halter Top Girl' status. :)

Maybe I should call Chip and tell him I have a fitness emergency...hmmm.