Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mixed Emotions

Life is pretty interesting. It gives you good...it gives you bad...and I try my best to focus on the good. As a Christian, one of my biggest struggles is accepting when things don't work out the way I'm expecting/hoping for them to. It's hard for me to accept that God's plan isn't something that is always easy for me to understand (sometimes it's downright impossible), and to trust in Him that He's "got my back".

Something I was really hoping and praying would work out with my job situation fell through this week. It was a blow. I feel like I'm back at square one which is a little disconcerting. I'm having to refocus my efforts and muster up my courage to get back out there...oh...and to not take it personally. Logically, I know that I will find a job...and that times are tough out there...and I'm fortunate for all the many blessings that I have - even if a job isn't among them right now. Just today, God has shown me that He is constantly giving out crazy blessings that I couldn't even imagine...literally making dreams come true. I just have to remind myself to wait for the Lord and rest in knowing that He is in control. He will not let me down.
Here's some verses from The Message (aka the version of the Bible I turn to when I need it plain and simple...and to really zing me). "Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all." ~ Proverbs 3:5-7 (The Message)

Now...onto the good stuff! Katherine, my college roomie was in town this past weekend. She twisted my arm & we went to look at wedding dresses. I bought the first one I tried on. Crazy! I have my wedding dress! I love it and I am done with that part of the process. Which again...is crazy! Hopefully the rest of the process will go as smoothly. A fair amount is done, but there is still more to be done! These last 300+ days will go by very quickly.

Sunday, Katherine, Jen and I went to a bridal show in Charlotte. I might have found my florist which is great - but it also made me realize how high maintenance/bridezilla-like some of the brides to be are. It is my pledge this will not be me! I am trying to enjoy this process and have fun every step of the way...so Alan will still want to marry me in 10.5 months. Here's a little picture that we took in the photo booth they had displayed. It was pretty fun!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and are having a good week!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You are so beautiful in spirit and person. I loved the quote and may go looking for "The Message" myself. I only tried on 3 dresses! I hope you know how excited I am for you!