Thursday, July 16, 2009

Get to Work!

I was only going to stop by the hospital for a few minutes today to hug Betsy & Travis, squeeze sweet baby Ned's hands and bring them some new books to read before heading to Goldsboro to be with my Mom and the rest of the family.

When I got to the hospital, I met Billy & Linda, Alan's parents rushing in. I was told that Ned was in really bad shape.

Ned came really close to leaving us today. To say it was gut wrenching doesn't come close. I love this little one...and I've only known him 11 months of his 18 - and I'm not even blood. So I can only begin to imagine how the rest of the family felt/is feeling.

Throughout the afternoon, the doctors were determined to exhaust all options, and tried several different medicines. They also determined that he is septic - which means he has an infection in his blood. That's bad by itself - but the fact that the infection is MRSA makes it that much worse.

When we left the hospital around 8 tonight, Ned has stabilized as much as he can right now, but he is a very sick little boy. He has pulmonary hypertension, pneumonia and sepsis due to MRSA and he is on a lot of medicine. We are praying that he stays stable and improves throughout the night.

I'm asking for prayers, for Ned, for his family (especially Travis, Betsy & Jack), for his doctors and nurses, for a miracle. I'm asking that you ask others to pray. I truly believe that He hears us...and maybe if enough of us ask, and it is in His will...little Ned will be restored to us.

Once things had become a little more stable this afternoon, I realized I had been saying a phrase in my head over and over.

"Get to work! Get to work!"

I was talking to Grandaddy Conard. I know he's fresh into the whole Heaven scene and reuniting with Grandmom Ruby - but all I could think was "Get to work Grandaddy! Save this little Elijah!"

Depending on how tonight and tomorrow go - I (and maybe Alan) will be heading to Goldsboro, NC for Grandaddy's funeral. The family is doing the visitation, funeral and burial all in one day - Saturday. Please also pray for my mom and her sister as they have lost their daddy, for my dad & uncle as they support their wives, for all the grandkids, and for all the other family and friends who knew and loved my Grandaddy.

I will do my best to keep you all updated, but please take a few minutes and pray for sweet Ned.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Emily, I have already put him on the prayer list at my church...I promise to get as many praying for this little angel as I can!

Amanda said...

Emily, I got an email from Jessica and got connected to your blog....I will definitely be praying for this precious little one. It sounds like you have a lot going on. You are strong. Hang in there.